Being the financial powerhouse of Europe; the city attracts thousands of visitors each day, however, most people visit Frankfurt for business. Apart from being home to many banks, Frankfurt is a paradise to every shopaholic. From souvenir shopping to international designer shopping, culinary requirements to the best of gourmet food and wine, Frankfurt provides them all – which is what makes this place a great holiday destination.Cheap flights to Frankfurt are available throughout the year.
Majority of shopping is done in the factory outlets and malls of Zeil. Fashion and jewellery shopping is done in Goethestrasse and its surrounding streets, Kleinmarkthalle and Fressgass are known to be filled with best of food and wines. To enjoy a shopping spree of a lifetime, all you need to do is to book cheap flight tickets to Frankfurt.Given below are places in Frankfurt, that are every shopper’s delight.
- The Zeil Promenade. It is the main shopping street in Frankfurt. Its retail shops, boutiques and departmental stores allow the shoppers to spend extravagantly under the sycamore trees. It offers everything from clothing or footwear, jewellery or consumer electronics to those who are brand conscious. Its top department store GaleriaKaufhofand MyZeil shopping center are must visit places for every visitor.
- It is referred to as the Luxusgasse (luxury lane) by the locals. It is an ultimate destination for those who are interested in investing in international designers and best of German designs. This luxurious street has most of the international fashion houses (MiuMiu, Tiffany, Cartier, Gucci, etc.), top jewelers and German family run businesses.
- Grosse Bockenheimer Strasse. It is locally known as Fressgass (The Grazing Street) owing to the presence of snack bars, restaurants and cafes. It is the most important culinary hotspot for those interested in gourmet shopping. The edible souvenirs of delicatessens and the patisseries are found here in abundance.
- Berger Strasse. This street attracts the younger crowd as it is home to local boutiques and second-hand fashion outlets. A large number of cafes and bar lounges make the place crowd-appropriate.
- It is a market hall where vendors sell a large variety of groceries, flowers, wines and processed foods. It is a culinary paradise for everyone who is interested in cooking.
Fruit and vegetables stalls at the indoor market, Kleinmarkt halle, in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, Europe
- This street holds a market every Friday to sell everything from fruits and vegetables to handicrafts, souvenirs to quality clothes.
- Handwerkskunst am Römer. This is a unique shop selling handmade souvenirs which represent German culture.
- Frankfurter Fass. This emporium is known for its Apfelwein (apple wine), apple brandy, regional wines, vinegars, oils, spirits, salts, mustard and other local delicacies like Frankfurt bonbons filled with cider liqueur.
- Töpferei Maurer. This is a ceramics manufacturer located in Sachsenhausenwhich specializes in the manufacture of authentic bembel.
Thus, on your next trip with a cheap airfare ticket to Frankfurt you can be rest assured to buy everything from authentic souvenirs, international designer apparel to local delicacies. Since everything is available here, Frankfurt can rightly be called heaven on Earth!